July 09, 2012, 2:21 pm -- /EPR NETWORK/ -- Nothing is worse than being in the middle of a great action film and have somebody interrupt the viewing because the phone needs to be answered. What if it is the telemarketer or an annoying neighbor, with whom one may not want to speak to? Wouldn’t it be nice to just have those call ignored? Or at least have the knowledge of who is calling, and then make the decision to pick up or not, all while continuing to watch that great action film with minimal interruption.
Now you can with W7 Caller ID.
W7 Caller ID is a handy and reliable application designed to enable users to log calls inside the network or Windows 7 Media Center.
W7 Caller ID displays the identity of the caller before the call is answered. It supports multiple modems and is able to block unwanted numbers.
The contacts can be imported from Outlook and Google Contacts. It also features Bluetooth support for smartphones.
Some of the more detailed features include:
• Notification of who is calling before the phone is picked up.
• Logging of incoming calls.
• Multiple modem support.
• Up to 8 remote computers and/or Media Centers capable of receiving caller information
• Each instance of the Media Center can support up to 5 Media Center Extenders (ie. XBOX 360).
• Incoming calls that are not wished to be picked up can be dropped using a ‘Drop’ button from both the PC and Media Center.
• Blocking of unwanted numbers.
• Sending of E-mail notifications about calls to multiple E-Mail addresses.
• Importing of contacts from Google Contacts and Outlook, including the display images for the contacts .
• Bluetooth support of the following smart phone brands: iPhone, Android, Windows Phone 7.5 and Blackberry. The Bluetooth adapter will work like a land line modem using a hands-free profile.
• XBMC support.
• Apple's Mac Caller ID notification support (Growl).